Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance. For the safety of all, please do NOT travel if you do not feel well, have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days or have reason to believe that you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Please call us if you need to cancel your reservation.
What To Expect When You Arrive
- Our associates will be wearing masks for your protection.
- During your stay, please maintain a safe social distance of 2 meters between yourself and other guests and our associates.
- We are making every effort to limit the number of people inside the hotel. Consistent with provincial health guidelines, we ask that you limit guests to your room to immediate family or very close friends. Please note: No outside guests will be permitted in the building between 10pm and 6am.
- Our front doors are locked overnight; please ring the doorbell for assistance. We will lock and unlock the door for you and clean all touch points as people come and go.
- Check-in and check out are virtually touchless.
- Valet parking is $30 per night; our staff will wear gloves and a mask while parking your car. For those who prefer to self-park, street parking is currently free from 6pm to 9am daily, and City of Victoria parkade located on Courtney Street between Blanshard & Douglas is currently $5 daily, subject to change by the City of Victoria.
- Your room will be stocked with amenities, including toiletries, coffee, tea, cream, sugar and a bottle of filtered water; should you require more during your stay please contact Guest Services.
During Your Stay
- A light continental breakfast is available and will be delivered packed to your room. You will be asked to pre-order your breakfast at check-in. We will deliver to your door, knock and then step away to give you an appropriate amount of space.
- To reduce risk to our guests and our associates, Housekeeping will not be providing daily cleaning service or evening turn-down during your stay.
- We have removed non-essential items in rooms, including pens, paper and magazines to reduce touch points, but they are available at the front desk should you require them.
- Mini-bar items have been removed from the rooms; the menu is still in the room and you may order items during your stay.
- The Courtney Room restaurant is currently open for dinner 4pm-9pm Wednesdays through Sundays and offering take out and room service from 12pm to 8pm 7 days per week. We will deliver your order to your door, knock and then back away to a safe distance. Seating is limited, reservations are strongly recommended.
- Spa Magnolia is open 7 days per week for BC residents. Additional cleaning and training have been put in place and the number of appointments will be reduced. Reservations are strongly recommended, please see details here.
- For social distancing purposes, one guest, or guests from one room, per elevator please.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID‐19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
- Associates are not permitted to come to work if they do not feel well or may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Associates have been trained on hand hygiene and social distancing.
- Guest rooms are put out of service for 24 hours after each guest departs, and then cleaned and disinfected using products and protocols effect against viruses with special attention to high-touch points.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in public spaces with a focus on the front desk counter, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- Increased frequency of cleaning all staff areas, especially high touch points.
For the most updated information, please refer to the following or your local health authority.
July 1, 2020