(Victoria, British Columbia) – With the lead up to Christmas well underway, the Magnolia Hotel & Spa launches the Ultimate Victorian Christmas package, for those looking to indulge in Victoria’s legendary Christmas cheer or simply to rest and relax before the mayhem starts.
The Ultimate Victorian Christmas package includes accommodation in a beautiful superior room, $50 voucher per day to use at Prime Restaurant or Spa Magnolia, hot mulled apple cider and local chocolatier Bernard Callebaut’s hot chocolate station and seasonal treats in the hotel lobby, the option of hot chocolate or hot rum toddy during the nightly turndown service, daily deluxe continental breakfast and complimentary valet parking. Festive wine and cheese receptions are held for guests between December 20-30 (select dates only). The package costs from $189 per room per night, available from December 1st 2012 to January 6th 2013 (book by December 24th).
Christmas is traditionally a magical time in Victoria, with the heritage streets and Parliament buildings lined with festive twinkling lights. Government Street, the Inner Harbour and surrounding streets and lanes buzz with holiday cheer and brightly-coloured decorations – take a stroll and stock up on Christmas gifts at the city’s renown boutiques and gift shops.
Of course, Victoria knows how to put on a show, with numerous holiday-themed events and activities running throughout December – here’s our pick for the Ultimate Victorian Christmas:
- The holidays would not be complete without the traditional Christmas ballet The Nutcracker performed by Dance Victoria from November 30th to December 2nd. But hurry, tickets are sure to sell out fast.
- On December 1st, witness the 23rd Annual Lighted Ship Parade for an evening of spectacular festive lights, music and a Holiday Night Market for unique gift ideas and holiday cheer.
- Ring in the season with Christmas at Craigdarroch Castle, and see the incredible transformation of the city’s legendary castle, decorated for the festive season in traditional Victorian fashion. The decorated rooms are on show throughout December.
- The Royal BC Museum will come alive with a beautiful festive scene during Christmas in Old Town, which runs until January 7th, 2013. Marvel at the 4.5m Christmas Tree, cobbled decorated streets and store fronts, meet Father Christmas (December 7-23) and Carols with the Carillon with hot chocolate and cookies on December 2nd at 4.30pm.
- From December 1st, skating at the outdoor rink at Butchart Gardens with a hot cup of cocoa is a must-do activity in the city, surrounded by coloured lights and traditional carolling.
- Throughout December, the Victoria Festival of Trees transforms The Fairmont Empress into a lush forest of beautifully decorated trees to raise funds for BC Children’s Hospital for the holidays. Last year they raised a record-breaking $126,000 and more than 15,000 votes were cast for the beautifully decorated trees.
This winter Magnolia Hotel & Spa will unveil 64 refreshed guestrooms, continuing the feel of timeless elegance to this heritage corner of the city. Featuring a lighter colour palate of taupe, smoke and pearl, the guestrooms will have a renewed lustre, while still in keeping with the traditionally-inspired feel. Located moments away from the Inner Harbour and facing the magnificent Parliament building, Magnolia offers attentive and personable service that only a boutique property can.
About The Magnolia Hotel & Spa:
Just steps from Victoria’s picturesque Inner Harbour, The Magnolia Hotel & Spa wins over guests with its unbeatable location and service. The award-winning hotel, voted one of the top hotels in Canada by Condé Nast Traveler readers and recognized as one of the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Canada by TripAdvisor’s® 2012 Travelers’ Choice® awards, is one block from the harbour and the city’s best restaurants, shops and entertainment – exactly where you want to be during your Victoria stay. www.magnoliahotel.com