Are you a student in Hotel & Tourism related studies looking for Co-op or Internship possibilities for summer 2015?
Summer 2015 Internship & Co-Op Opportunities
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is Victoria’s Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel. The award-winning hotel, voted one of the Top 10 Luxury Hotels in Canada by Trip Advisor and Conde Nast Traveler Magazine Readers, is one block from the harbour and the city’s best restaurants, shops and entertainment – exactly where you want to be during your Victoria stay.
The Magnolia has made its’ distinction in the market by delivering exceptional personalized service to our guests. Ideal applicants will demonstrate this in their passion for customer service, exceptional team work, and ability to deliver inspired anticipatory service to exceed the expectations of each and every guest of The Magnolia.
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is currently accepting applications from Co-op and Internship candidates for the following positions:
- Front Office / Guest Services
- Bell Services / Concierge
- Breakfast Attendant
- Housekeeping – Room Attendant
Due to the small size and team at the hotel those who are able to perform and work in multiple roles will receive stronger consideration for employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a passion for customer service and strive to exceed customer expectations at all times.
- Must be neat and professional in appearance, suitable for a 4 – 5 star hotel environment.
- Must be available for all shifts (i.e. Times of Day, Days of week)
- Ability to practice and maintain consistent key standards at all times.
- Valid and clean driving license (required for front office & bell positions)
- Able to think critically and use sound judgment in a variety of situations
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Must be physically fit and capable of moving guest luggage, banquet tables, linen carts etc.
- Must be an effective listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multitask in potential high volume area.
- Hotel experience in similar or related roles an asset.
Applicants will be accepted on a continuing basis, with the expectation to have most summer positions filled by mid to late February. Those hired for summer positions will be considered for continuing employment, following internship or co-op terms, based on satisfactory performance.
Please email Bill Lewis, General Manager, for more detailed questions about any of these positions.
Please submit applications via email at email@example.com or in person.