The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is Victoria’s Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel. The award-winning hotel, consistently voted one of the Top Hotels in Canada by Trip Advisor, Travel + Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler Magazine Readers, is one block from the harbour and the city’s best restaurants, shops and entertainment – exactly where you want to be during your Victoria stay.
The Magnolia has made its’ distinction in the market by delivering exceptional personalized service to our guests. Ideal applicants will demonstrate this in their passion for customer service, exceptional team work, and ability to deliver inspired anticipatory service to exceed the expectations of each and every guest of The Magnolia.
We are currently seeking applicants for full-time & part-time roles in our Bell & Valet Attendant position.
The Bell & Valet attendant will be the first impression for many guests. Bell duties include: greeting guests, assisting with luggage, valet parking, customer service and information inquiries with guests, delivering room service orders, and other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a passion for customer service and strive to exceed customer expectations at all times.
- Must be neat and professional in appearance, suitable for a 4 – 5 star hotel environment.
- Ability to practice and maintain consistent key standards at all times.
- Valid BC driving license – ability to operate standard transmission is preferred.
- Able to think critically and use sound judgment in a variety of situations
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Must be physically fit and capable of moving guest luggage, banquet tables, linen carts etc.
- Must be an effective listener.
- Must have or get Serving it Right upon hire
- Ability to work under pressure and to multitask in potential high volume area.
- Hotel experience in similar or related roles an asset.
Pay & Benefits
Rate of pay is $13.95 to start and $15.38 after probationary period of 90 days.
Medical and Dental benefits available to employees who work a minimum number of hours after probationary period.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greeting guests to hotel & providing a warm and personal welcome to their stay.
- Assisting with guest luggage.
- Assisting with guest service requests.
- Valet Parking – parking guest vehicles.
- Delivering room service orders
- Other Duties as required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To inquire about positions at The Courtney Room please email: email@example.com
Recruitment Fraud Cases
We have been made aware of a number of cases of individuals professing to represent our hotel through fraudulent emails and facebook messages. It is important that you do not provide any personal information and if you have any questions please contact the hotel at 1-877-624-6654. Please note that the Magnolia Hotel & Spa is not currently recruiting outside of Canada.
If you are suspicious about whether the job ad is fraud or not please note the following:
- Emails coming from the Magnolia Hotel & Spa will be sent via email addresses ending in @magnoliahotel.com or @thecourtneyroom.com
- The Magnolia Hotel & Spa and The Courtney Room will not make a job offer to you until you have completed our interview process
- The Magnolia Hotel & Spa and The Courtney Room will not ask a prospective employee to pay any fees as part of the job application process
If you have any questions regarding the Magnolia Hotel & Spa and The Courtney Room job offer or request for personal information please contact General Manager, Bill Lewis.