The Magnolia Hotel & Spa is Victoria’s Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel. The award-winning hotel, consistently voted one of the Top Hotels in Canada by Trip Advisor, Travel + Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler Magazine Readers, is one block from the harbour and the city’s best restaurants, shops and entertainment – exactly where you want to be during your Victoria stay.
The Magnolia has made its’ distinction in the market by delivering exceptional personalized service to our guests. Ideal applicants will demonstrate this in their passion for customer service, exceptional team work, and ability to deliver inspired anticipatory service to exceed the expectations of each and every guest of The Magnolia.
We are currently seeking applicants for full-time & part-time roles in our Bell & Valet Attendant position.
The Bell & Valet attendant will be the first impression for many guests. Bell duties include: greeting guests, assisting with luggage, valet parking, customer service and information inquiries with guests, delivering room service orders, and other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a passion for customer service and strive to exceed customer expectations at all times.
- Must be neat and professional in appearance, suitable for a 4 – 5 star hotel environment.
- Ability to practice and maintain consistent key standards at all times.
- Valid BC driving license – ability to operate standard transmission is preferred.
- Able to think critically and use sound judgment in a variety of situations
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Must be physically fit and capable of moving guest luggage, banquet tables, linen carts etc.
- Must be an effective listener.
- Must have or get Serving it Right upon hire
- Ability to work under pressure and to multitask in potential high volume area.
- Hotel experience in similar or related roles an asset.
Pay & Benefits
Rate of pay is $13.95 to start and $15.38 after probationary period of 90 days.
Medical and Dental benefits available to employees who work a minimum number of hours after probationary period.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greeting guests to hotel & providing a warm and personal welcome to their stay.
- Assisting with guest luggage.
- Assisting with guest service requests.
- Valet Parking – parking guest vehicles.
- Delivering room service orders
- Other Duties as required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Courtney Room
The Courtney Room is our brand new extension of our award-winning boutique hotel experience, offering a space where locals and visitors alike can enjoy timeless hospitality, and delicious, locally sourced dishes, inspired by classic French and West Coast flavours. Gather at the bar for fresh-shucked oysters, unwind with friends over a light bite in the brasserie, or savour a memorable meal in the dining room with impeccably prepared local seafood and steak.
We are currently building an exceptional food & beverage team to deliver our classic and inspired hospitality in the very soon to open The Courtney Room. We are seeking experienced, friendly applicants who are passionate about food & beverage and timeless hospitality. Resumes are current being accepted for: Service Staff, Hosts, Bartenders, Cooks, and Dishwashers.
- Upbeat, positive and friendly personality
- Works well in a team setting, is able to be a self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties in a professional calm manner.
- Appropriate certifications including serving it Right and Food Safe required.
- Physically capable of working on feet for 8 hours, and performing all physical duties related to restaurant & kitchen work.
Front of House Service Team – Hosts, Servers & Bartenders
- Proven work experience (min 2 years) in equivalent role in an upscale dining establishment.
- Experience with restaurant POS and reservations systems preferred.
- Wine, spirits and beer knowledge required for service positions.
- Knowledge of the Victoria tourism, attractions and events is an asset
Kitchen Team – Cooking, Porters & Dishwashers
- Experience working in a high volume commercial kitchen preferred.
- Post-Secondary cooking education and training and asset for cooking positions.
To inquire about positions at The Courtney Room please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Fraud Cases
We have been made aware of a number of cases of individuals professing to represent our hotel through fraudulent emails and facebook messages. It is important that you do not provide any personal information and if you have any questions please contact the hotel at 1-877-624-6654. The Magnolia Hotel & Spa does not have any representatives or agencies that are recruiting on our behalf, any job offer that does not come from General Manager, Bill Lewis is fraudulent.
If you are suspicious about whether the job ad is fraud or not please note the following:
- Emails coming from the Magnolia Hotel & Spa will be sent via email addresses ending in @magnoliahotel.com or @thecourtneyroom.com
- The Magnolia Hotel & Spa and The Courtney Room will not make a job offer to you until you have completed our interview process
- The Magnolia Hotel & Spa and The Courtney Room will not ask a prospective employee to pay any fees as part of the job application process
If you have any questions regarding the Magnolia Hotel & Spa and The Courtney Room job offer or request for personal information please contact General Manager, Bill Lewis.